Singapore Pawnbrokers Association, established in 1920, had weathered through 2nd World War, Japanese Occupation and the British Colonial rule. Withstanding the test of time, it continues to stand strong and tall today. In the year 2000, we settled at our owned premises at Geylang Lorong 23 unit 24B - 26B.
At present, our association has grown to strength of 205 members, backed with a well facilitated premise. We manage Singapore Pawnbrokers Association with a mission in mind: To educate the public about the pawn business and to bring together all the members to help improve the trade.
In order to strengthen the association, we accept two categories of memberships:
As of January 2015, monthly subscription fee for all Corporate Members is fixed at $ 100, payment must be made in the month of January and July (Members may also choose to pay the full annual subscription fee at the beginning of the year). Subscription fee for Branch Member is $30 per month; $360 per year; in which full payment is to be made in January. Branch Members can enjoy all the convenience and benefits of membership and are entitled to 1 voting right per
- This membership is opened to all pawnbrokers (Branch) registered in Singapore. Each member needs to appoint a member from its management committee who is a citizen or permanent resident to be its representative.
- All applicants must comply with the constitution and rules of the Association.
- There will be a one-time admission fee charge of $3500 when you sign up as a corporate member.
- The application forms must be enclosed with a copy of licence or business registration document.
- All Branch Members can enjoy a waiver of admission fee ( $3500). The monthly membership subscription fee is charged at $30 only.
- Please note that the annual subscription fees are pro-rated for the first year. As applications will only be approved at the Council meeting held in each month, members will only be required to pay their membership subscription fee starting from the following month (e.g. applicants in January will only be required pay for membership subscription fee for January onwards).
Be recognised as an industrial member of the pawnbroking trade association. Be a member of the Singapore Pawnbrokers’ Association today! Please complete the application form and submit it together with a crossed cheque (payable to: Singapore Pawnbrokers’ Association). For enquiries, please feel free to contact the Executive Secretary at phone number: 6749 1200